Please be advised that due to the recent bad weather and industrial actions, Sydney container terminals have experienced delays in evacuation of containers and are therefore no longer taking booking for the de-hiring of certain equipment.
This is causing transport providers to resort to storing empty containers at their own yards until returns are accepted.
The inability to return containers may result in the below charges being incurred:
- Transport re-direction fees.
- Waiting time at the Empty Container Park
- Transport back to transport’s providers yard.
- Additional container lifts and storage at yard.
In addition to this, many shipping lines are introducing a Port Congestion Charge for all cargo coming in or out of Sydney Port.
For shipments to/from Non-US ports, this will commence from the 14th September 2020, and for shipments to/from US ports from the 8th October 2020.
The charges incurred are listed below:
- FCL - USD 300.00 per TEU.
- LCL - USD 20.00 per w/m (min. USD 20.00)
Should you have any questions regarding this, please do not hesitate to contact any of our staff.